TOWN OF CHICOG
Town Board Meeting
July 10, 2019
1. The Town Board Meeting was called to order by Chairman Patrick Wilcox at 7:00 pm at the Town Hall.
2. Pledge of allegiance was recited.
3. Roll call: Pat Wilcox, Sue Kowarsch present, Steve Loiselle absent, Town Clerk & Treasurer present.
4. Treasurer’s Report was given as follows all balances as of June 30, 2019:
Checking Account: Beginning balance - $37,214.95, outstanding checks - $2,063.75, Final working balance - $29,164.86 includes interest of $4.92
Money Market Account: $255,619.08 includes interest of $176.79
Highway Equip. Maintenance Account - $30,017.83 includes Quarterly interest of $13.70
Tax Account - $300.00
Motion made by Sue Kowarsch and seconded by Pat Wilcox to approve the Treasurer’s report. Motion passed.
5. Chairman’s Report:
a. I hope that everyone had a safe and happy 4th of July!! With that statement I will say that there was only one fireworks permit issued and that was for Brad & Kay’s Campground for Saturday July 6th and you know where this is going, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday there was fireworks going off all over town. I guess that it doesn’t matter to me but I get all the questions and complaints. Having fireworks permits is like putting a lock on a door – it keeps the honest people honest
b. Town Clean-up Terri Corrie informed me of the Republic Waste billing that here were additional charges this year due to mattresses and box springs. An estimated 22 of these items were collected at a charge of $10.00 per item of which we were not aware of. Next year we will be more knowledgeable to conditional use fees.
c. Klawitter Road has been completed thank you for your patents through the re-construction and sorry if there were an inconveniences. Thank you to Norton Excavating for another fine job.
d. On to road maintenance again, the never ending battle to keep Mother Nature at bay as we see it. In particular mowing & brushing, we are working the Lower McKenzie – Zehm area at this time
e. Dates to renderer:
Saturday July 13th – 1pm – 3pm Open Book
Wednesday August 14th – 1pm – 3pm: Board of Review
a. Request for any and all records concerning Lodge Road in the Town of Chicog, requested by: Doar, Drill and Skow S.C. according to Wis. Stat. 19.35(4) (a) open records request.
b. Antzuck Trucking request for rezoning has been before both the Zoning Board and the County Board and has been approved.
7. Rezoning request by Jay Adams:
Discussion on the request with input from Tim Yoho, Mr. Adams neighbor, on what type of rezoning and why. Motion made by Pat Wilcox to approve the rezoning request with conditions for crops only no livestock seconded by Sue Kowarsch. Motion passed.
8. Jeanette House Property:
We have completed the need paperwork and will be razing the structure. Before we can do this we will be cleaning out the property and keeping any items of monetary value for resale along with important paperwork.
9. Special Meeting of Electors for the approval of requested Town policy:
As requested by the electors during the Annual Meeting on April 27, 2019 there will be a Saturday meeting to approve a policy on usage of town property & equipment. This meeting will be on August 17, 2019 at 10am at the Chicog Town Hall.
10. Committee Reports:
a. Fire Department- Brad Harrison:
1. Don’t forget the Water fights/Picnic is coming up on July 20th. Come out & have some fun. We will have 95 GMO here; the County Sheriff will be in a Dunk Tank, Horseshoes & bean bag games with the band 2nd Time Around playing that night.
2. There were several fires this last month, a car fire & a phone utility box fire.
b. ESG – Milly Thissen:
1. We will be helping the Fire Department during the Water Fights with selling tickets and serving food.
2. During the Minong Summer Days we sold 234 Hunter’s Feed Raffle Tickets. Thank you to the volunteers that work those days. The ESG will be helping out the Minong Area Comber of Commerce during Minong Summer Days along with selling Hunter’s Feed Raffle tickets come out & have some fun! We need volunteers please contact Milly if you wish to help.
3. The Angels on our Shoulders: There is a meeting scheduled for Tuesday July 30, 2019 at 10 am at the Town Hall.
c. CAFC - Terri Corrie:
CAFC will be having their “Fun Day” at the same time as the Fire Department Water Fights. We will be in the pavilion at the end of the yard. Come over & see us. We plan on having games for the kids, information for the adults. This year’s theme is Happy birthday to Smokey Bear he turns 75!!
11. Public Input:
a. Ron Pendzimas: Vacating roads in the Waukegan News Subdivision where is the Town at? Pat Wilcox: We are working with the DNR due to a law dealing with access for public parks and waters. This may take a while.
b. Sue Kowarsch: I have contacted Washburn County Highway Department about when they plan on working on Country Highway F. They plan on starting it towards the end of July 2019 and to be finished by September 1s, 2019.
c. Pat Wilcox: The Town has talked to the County Highway Department about paving the intersections along Cty Hwy F and a small part of McClain Lake Road. This will be cheaper for us if they can do it.
12. The next Town Board Meeting will be August 14, 2019
13. Motion made by Pat Wilcox and seconded by Sue Kowarsch to approve and pay bills/checks numbers -1319 thru -1419, and 10806 thru 10834. Motion passed.
14. Motion made by Sue Kowarsch and seconded by Pat Wilcox to adjourn the meeting. Motion passed
15. Meeting adjourned at 8:16 pm.