TOWN OF CHICOG
Town Board Meeting
September 12, 2018
1. The Town Board Meeting was called to order by Chairman Patrick Wilcox at 7:00 pm at the Town Hall.
2. Pledge of allegiance was recited.
3. Roll call: All Board Officials, Town Clerk & Treasurer present.
4. Treasurer’s Report was given as follows all balances as of August 31, 2018:
Checking Account: Beginning balance - $27,606.16, outstanding checks - $273.91, Final working balance - $27,332.25 includes interest of $6.97
Money Market Account: $359,270.99 includes interest of $202.62
Highway Equip. Maintenance Account - $9,699.72
Tax Account - $300.00
Motion made by Steve Loiselle and seconded by Bruce Johnston to approve the Treasurer’s report. Motion passed.
5. Chairman’s Report:
a. I am very pleased to say that the Rappley Road culvert project has been completed. Replacement of the pre-existing culvert 4’x55’ with a 5’x60’ went without a hitch. The pre-existing culvert was in very poor condition. Thank you to Norton Excavating and crew for a very fine job.
b. I have been made aware that there is still crime activity in the close vicinity. An ATV and several chain saws were stolen from a shed on County Road K. this needs to end! Contact the Sherriff’s Department immediately if you have or suspect criminal activity
c. I am sad to announce that George (Hoppy) Wetzel has passed away unexpectedly. Hoppy owned property on McClain Lake, He was a moral supporter in our community and a friend to many, and he brought laughter to about all he came in contact with. Hoppy was a long standing member of the Minong Fire Department and an outstanding volunteer to many organizations in our surrounding areas (Your watch is being covered Hoppy). Sympathies and condolences to the Wetzel families and friends in this our time of great loss!!
d. Dates to remember:
1. Sept. 22, 2018 10am-12pm Board of Review
2. Oct 7, 2018 8am-12pm Fire Dept. Pancake Breakfast
a. Washburn County Humane Society (WCHS) has sent out their annual donation request asking for support. Motion made by Steve Loiselle and seconded by Bruce Johnston to approve donating $100.00 to WCHS. Motion passed. B. Federated Propane has sent out our annual contract price for this heating season. It is $1.349 per gallon. This seems high based on previous year’s rate. We will be calling around to other propane suppliers to check out prices.
7. Mutual Aid agreement with Webb Lake:
A mutual aid agreement with the Webb Lake Fire Department that has been approved by the Chicog Fire Department is now presented to the Town for approval. Motion made by Steve Loiselle and seconded by Bruce Johnston to approve the agreement. Motion passed.
8. Fire Board Appointments:
The following individuals are present to the Town Board for approval as the Fire Board:
Brad Harrison – President, Brad Rundhaug, Sue Johnston, Neil Schutz, and Pat Shifferd. Motion made by Bruce Johnston and seconded by Steve Loiselle to approve the Fire Board. Motion passed.
9. Operator’s License: Operator’s license for Bette Christian was presented. Motion made by Steve Loiselle and seconded by Bruce Johnston to approve. Motion passed.
10. Committee Reports:
a. Fire Department- Jim Fransheski:
1. The new fire Truck has been paid off.
2. We have 2 new members.
3. There were 3 call outs this month – a pole fire, mutual aid to Minong and a call to Bridge Rd for medical assistance. The medical assistance was for an 88 year old male with heart problems. The CPRA training that the Fire Department received early this year paid off.
b. ESG – Terri Corrie:
1. The ESG will be having our Annual Meeting on Oct 13, 2018 at 10 am at the Town Hall. Please join us. Everyone who owns property in the town is part of the ESG even if you don’t participate in any of our functions our comments & suggestions are needed and welcomed at this meeting.
2. We had the 1st of many Hunter’s Feed meetings last week. We will be calling for donations & volunteers in the month of November if you know now that you would like to donated or volunteer please call Milly Thissen at 715-466-4940.
3. The ESG Walkabout will be starting on Dec 6, 2018 at 10am. Please join us.
4. There is a Kid’s Scarf, Hat, Mitten & Glove Drive going on from now till December. If you wish to donate new or gently used items there will be a box out by the Free Library & in the Town Hall for this. These items will stay within the Minong/Chicog area.
11. Public Input:
a. Jim Davidson:
1. What is happening about the Noise Ordnance? Pat Wilcox – We have decided not to have a Noise Ordnance for the Town based on the attorney’s recommendation and the fact that Washburn county does not have one.
2. Is AFLAC still a possibility? Pat Wilcox – We are imputing the figures into the 2019 budget and it looks good that we will be able to afford either AFLAC or something similar.
3. Is the Town still looking a buying a new Skid Steer? Pat Wilcox – We have put that on hold for now. It looks like with the preliminary budget figures we will have to hold off till 2020.
b. JoAnn Malek: What is up with Lodge Road & Miles Road? Pat Wilcox – On going discussion on how much of Lodge Road is a Town road and where it ends. According to the County & state gas tax maps 2.6 miles is Town road and the rest is a private drive.
12. The next Town Board Meeting will be October 17, 2018
15. Motion made by Steve Loiselle and seconded by Bruce Johnston to approve and pay bills/checks numbers
-1618 thru -1718 and 10508 thru 10536. Motion passed.
15. Motion made by Steve Loiselle and seconded by Bruce Johnston to adjourn the meeting. Motion passed
16. Meeting adjourned at 7:50 pm.