TOWN OF CHICOG
Town Board Meeting
January 9, 2019
1. The Town Board Meeting was called to order by Chairman Patrick Wilcox at 7:00 pm at the Town Hall.
2. Pledge of allegiance was recited.
3. Roll call: All Board Officials, Town Clerk & Treasurer present.
4. Treasurer’s Report was given as follows all balances as of December 31, 2018:
Checking Account: Beginning balance - $21,470.63, outstanding checks - $69.27, Final working balance - $21,401.36 includes interest of $6.00
Money Market Account: $180,088.24 includes interest of $145.04
Highway Equip. Maintenance Account - $3,946.10
Includes Quarterly interest of $2.49
Tax Account - $156,959.87
Motion made by Steve Loiselle and seconded by Bruce Johnston to approve the Treasurer’s report. Motion passed.
5. Chairman’s Report:
a. Welcome to 2019 and where did last year go?
b. I want to start out by nicely asking again to residence and their contractors, Please people do not plow snow across town roads. This is against State Statutes # 86.01. After discussion there will be a letter written up to give out to violators
c. As usual reimbursement to the 2018 storm damage has been at least for me a challenge *Paperwork* doting I’s and crossing T’s has to be done their way. Time will tell if and when we see anything. Patience needs to be a requirement when working with the State & FEMA.
d. Ice, Ice everywhere! I hope everyone has remained upright/vertical not horizontal and safe. Ice/rain storms have to be the worst financially taxing on material costs & main hours for any town.
a. Meyer’s Electric has returned an estimate to replace/retro fit 21-8’ florescent lamps/bulbs and removing old ballasts replacing with LED bulbs/lamps. This includes recycling of old lamps & ballasts.
b. Robert Irwin, Town Assessor, has provided the Town with its annual Mass Appraisal Report which I will be going over. This report is open to the public if anyone would like to review it.
c. What’s happening with AFLAC? We have been receiving notices of denial on coverage from them. Teresa Corrie – I have a meeting scheduled with AFLAC on Thursday, January 17, 2019 to find out.
d. The Lodge road dispute continues, Joseph Grandberg, Land surveyor for New Richmond is investigating information. To ease our minds the Town is not being implicated in anything regarding Lodge Road.
e. Steve Loiselle received an email from a resident wanting to know if we plan to put up any more cell towers. Her coverage thru AT&T is bad up here. At this time the Town has no plans to put up any more towers.
f. Matthews Lake Association has submitted a request for the Town to assist in a project of placement of trees in the lake to enhance fish habitat by providing equipment and some manpower to haul the trees on to the frozen lake. This will be put on the February’s agenda with a copy of the request to be provided to the Town’s Attorney for legal advice.
7. Groeschl forestry Consultant:
a. Jeff Groeschl presented an overview of the status of the Town Timber Plantations. We have about 15 years left of the red pines then we will be on all natural species. The Town needs to decide how we want to continue. Do we make plans to forgo any more plans of repopulating the land or do we plan for the future?
b. Suggestion made by Jim Davidson to form a committee to look into the options of the town.
c. Pat Wilcox – There will be a committed formed to handle this Mr. Davidson will head this committee. If you are interested in being on the committee please call Mr. Davidson at 651-279-2605.
8. Operator’ License:
An Operator’s license for Joseph Rothenbuhler was presented for approval. Motion made by Steve Loiselle and seconded by Bruce Johnston to approve. Motion passed.
9. Web Site Coordinator:
a. Steve Loiselle is having technical problems with the web site and would like to have Ed Rhodes on full time as our coordinator with monetary compensation.
b. Tabled till next month after more information is gathered.
10. Committee Reports:
a. Fire Department- Brad Harrison:
1. The Fire Chief has found a good deal on turnout tanks that need to be replaced in accordance to State Statues. The Department is ordering 25 new tanks.
2. Please be careful on the lakes & rivers in the area. Due to the warmer weather some of the inlets & faster moving water is not frozen solid enough for being on!!
b. ESG – Milly Thissen and Teresa Corrie:
1. The next meeting of Angels on my Shoulder will be Jan 10, 2019 at 4:00 pm at the Town Hall.
2. Please check out the Free Library- there are new books in it.
3. The CO2 /Smoke Detector program has stated, so far the oldest one replaced this go around was from 1982.
4. Walkabout has started. Please come and join us, we always have great fun & a fun time. We will feed anyone don’t worry about bringing anything to pass we always have enough just so up.
5. Please remember we are all meeting a Pine Lodge on Jan 12th for Breakfast at 10 am.
11. Public Input:
a. Steve Gallmen – Is sand still available to residents to come and get by the bucket full? Pat Wilcox – Yes as long as we have the pile there. Maybe times when the Town has used it all up on roads and haven’t had time to replace it yet.
b. Betty Harrison – The roads are great nice job guys on keeping them plowed & sanded.
12. The next Town Board Meeting will be February 13, 2019
13. Motion made by Steve Loiselle and seconded by Bruce Johnston to approve and pay bills/checks numbers
-2418 thru -2518 and 10626 thru 10660. Motion passed.
14. Motion made by Steve Loiselle and seconded by Bruce Johnston to adjourn the meeting. Motion passed
15. Meeting adjourned at 8:25 pm.