Notice of Town Board Meeting
Town Of Chicog
April 14, 2021, 7 PM
Open meeting laws still exist. If you choose to attend it is at your own risk!!! By GOVERNERS ORDER masks mandatory
Meeting Agenda for July 14th 2021 to Follow:
BOARD OF REVIEW
STATE OF WISCONSIN
Town of Chicog
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Review for the Town of Chicog, Washburn County, Wisconsin, shall hold its first meeting on June 19, 2021, from 10 am to 12 pm, at the Chicog Town Hall.
Please be advised of the following requirements to appear before the board of review and procedural requirements if appearing before the board:
1. No person will be allowed to appear before the board of review, to testify to the board by telephone, or to contest the amount of any assessment of real or personal property if the person has refused a reasonable written request by certified mail of the assessor to view the property.
2. After the first meeting of the board of review and before the board's final adjournment, no person who is scheduled to appear before the board of review may contact or provide information to a member of the board about the person's objection, except at a session of the board.
3. The board of review may not hear an objection to the amount or valuation of property unless, at least 48 hours before the board's first scheduled meeting, the objector provides to the board's clerk written or oral notice of an intent to file an objection, except that upon a showing of good cause and the submission of a written objection, the board shall waive that requirement during the first 2 hours of the board's first scheduled meeting, and the board may waive that requirement up to the end of the 5th day of the session or up to the end of the final day of the session if the session is less than 5 days with proof of extraordinary circumstances for failure to meet the 48-hour notice requirement and failure to appear before the board of review during the first 2 hours of the first scheduled meeting.
4. Objections to the amount or valuation of property shall first be made in writing and filed with the clerk of the board of review within the first 2 hours of the board's first scheduled meeting, except that, upon evidence of extraordinary circumstances, the board may waive that requirement up to the end of the 5th day of the session or up to the end of the final day of the session if the session is less than 5 days. The board may require objections to the amount or valuation of property to be submitted on forms approved by the Department of Revenue, and the board shall require that any forms include stated valuations of the property in question. Persons who own land and improvements to that land may object to the aggregate valuation of that land and improvements to that land, but no person who owns land and improvements to that land may object only to the valuation of that land or only to the valuation of improvements to that land. No person may be allowed in any action or proceedings to question the amount or valuation of property unless the written objection has been filed and that person in good faith presented evidence to the board in support of the objections and made full disclosure before the board, under oath, of all of that person's property liable to assessment in the district and the value of that property. The requirement that objections be in writing may be waived by express action of the board.
5. When appearing before the board of review, the objecting person shall specify in writing the person's estimate of the value of the land and of the improvements that are the subject of the person's objection and specify the information that the person used to arrive at that estimate.
6. No person may appear before the board of review, testify to the board by telephone, or object to a valuation if that valuation was made by the assessor or the objector using the income method of valuation, unless the person supplies the assessor with all the information about income and expenses, as specified in the assessor's manual under s. 73.03 (2a), Wis. stats., that the assessor requests. The Town of Chicog has an ordinance for the confidentiality of information about income and expenses that is provided to the assessor under this paragraph that provides exceptions for persons using information in the discharge of duties imposed by law or the duties of their officer or by order of a court.* The information that is provided under this paragraph, unless a court determined that it is inaccurate, is not subject to the right of inspection and copying under s. 19.35 (1), Wis. stats.
7. The board shall hear upon oath, by telephone, all ill or disabled persons who present to the board a letter from a physician, surgeon, or osteopath that confirms their illness or disability. No other persons may testify by telephone unless the Board, in it’s discretion, has determined to grant a property owner’s or their representative’s request to testify under oath by telephone or written statement.
8. No person may appear before the board of review, testify to the board by telephone, or contest the amount of any assessment unless, at least 48 hours before the first meeting of the board, or at least 48 hours before the objection is heard if the objection is allowed under s.70.47 (3) (a), Wis. stats., that person provides to the clerk of the board of review notice as to whether the person will ask for the removal of a member of the board of review and, if so, which member, and provides a reasonable estimate of the length of time the hearing will take.
Teresa L. Corrie
Town of Chicog
TOWN OF CHICOG
Town Board Meeting
June 9, 2021
1. The Town Board Meeting was called to order at 7:00 pm at the Town Hall.
2. Pledge of allegiance was recited.
3. Roll call: All Present
4. Treasurer’s Report was given as follows all balances as of May 31, 2021:
Motion made by Steve Loiselle and seconded by Sue Kowarsch to approve the Treasurer’s report. Motion passed.
5. Chairman’s Report:
7. STR License: See attached list
Motion made by Steve Loiselle and seconded by Sue Kowarsch to approve all the submitted STR Licenses. Motion passed
8. Liquor licenses: See attached list
Motion made by Steve Loiselle and seconded by Sue Kowarsch to approve all the submitted Liquor Licenses. Motion passed
9. Server’s Licenses: See attached list
Motion made by Steve Loiselle and seconded by Sue Kowarsch to approve all the submitted Server’s Licenses. Motion passed
10. Broadband expansion grant:
Information provided by Sue Kowarsch on the grant for Broadband expansion. This is a county wide effort. The grant will be brought up at the County meeting on June 15, 2021. Will provided more information at the next Town meeting.
11. Town Hall Rental agreement:
After verifying with the insurance company about alcohol beverages on the premises and the effect on the Town’s policy Sue Kowarsch made a motion to change #5 & #6 of the Town Hall rental agreement to read:
Motion seconded by Steve Loiselle. Motion approved.
12. Paser Rating service:
Paser Rating is the rating system that the State used for highways. We have contracted with Washburn County Highway Department in the past to complete this for us. Washburn County has been slow in taking care of it in the past. Motion made by Pat Wilcox to have Northwest Regional Planning due the Paser rating for $600.00, seconded by Steve Loiselle. Motion passed.
13. Extended warranty on the dump truck:
The warranty expires next year on the dump truck; most repairs right now are covered. Do we want to extent the warranty if possible. The Chicog Highway Department will have warrant amounts & figures ready for September’s meeting for a decision.
14. Chip Sealing of Zehm Rd. and portions of Lower McKenzie Rd.
Newspaper notice will be posted for the bidding on this project. Bids to be opened at the July meeting.
15. Committee Reports:
16. Public Input:
17. The next Town Board Meeting will be July 14, 2021
18. Motion made by Steve Loiselle and seconded by Sue Kowarsch to approve and pay bills 11525 thru 11551 and -1321 thru -1521. Motion passed.
19. Motion made by Steve Loiselle and seconded by Sue Kowarsch to adjourn the meeting. Motion passed
20. Meeting adjourned at 8:20 pm.
Dates to remember:
June 19, 2021 – Board of Review – 10 am to 12 pm
TOWN OF CHICOG
The following is a list of License for approval on June 9, 2021:
Diane M. Weber Linda Barnes Travis Barnes
Patrick J. Kosterman Mark Wallskog
Joseph F. Rothenbuhler Lacy Erickson
Cathy McDowell Suzanne Wallskog
Jackie Lassonde Shannon Wallskog
Pappy’s Bar Heartwood Resort & Conference Center
HeartWood Welcome Center
Short Term Rental License
James & Terri Coyle
Moring View Lakehomes LLC
David & Carolyn Loechler
PD Cozy Cabins LLC – 2
Chairman – Pat Wilcox
Treasurer – Kathy Strohmeyer
1st Supervisor – Steve Loiselle
Clerk – Terri Corrie
2nd Supervisor – Sue Kowarsch